Moreland City Council respects the privacy of everyone that visits our website.
Council is committed to complying with the Information Privacy Principles outlined in the Information Privacy Act 2000.
Anonymous access to our site
You can use the Moreland City Council website and browse our website anonymously, without disclosing personal information.
Collection and use of personal data
Moreland City Council website does not retrieve or record any personal information, except for information that you give freely:
- in responding to online forms put on our website occasionally
- to give us feedback on our website.
If you do give this information we only use it for the purpose stated. We do not use this data for direct marketing.
Collection and use of site data
What is a cookie?
A cookie is information that is shared between a web server and a user's browser. Cookies give the server information about a user's identity and website visiting patterns and preferences.
What we do record
For statistical and system administration reasons, Council's Google Analytics tool automatically records this non-personal information:
- the Internet Protocol (IP) number (the IP number is assigned to your computer when you use the internet)
- the domain name of the account you use to access the internet (eg. "your-university.edu.au" or "your-department.gov.au")
- the date and time of your visit to the site
- the pages you accessed and downloaded
- the address of the last site you visited, and
- the type of browser you are using, for example, Firefox or Internet Explorer.
This information will only be used to update and improve our website. To the extent that this data could make you identifiable, Council will not attempt to identify individuals from the records the server automatically generates unless that is necessary to investigate a breach of law or regulation.
Disclosure of information
We will not disclose your personal information to a third party without your consent, unless we are required or authorised to do so by law or other regulation. In the unlikely event of an investigation into suspected unlawful or improper activity, a law enforcement agency or government agency may exercise its legal authority to inspect the web server's records (for example, in relation to hacking or abusive messages).
Security of your personal data
The protection of personal privacy is a priority of every person at Moreland City Council.
This website does not provide facilities that guarantee secure transmission of information over the internet. You should be aware, however, that there are risks in transmitting information across the internet. If you are concerned about conveying sensitive or personal material to Council over the internet, you might prefer to contact us by telephone or post.
Links to other websites
Moreland Council website has links to external websites.
When you click on an external link, a page on this site alerts you that you are leaving Moreland City Council site and visiting an external site.
Websites that you click on from Council's website may have different privacy policies and practices.
Freedom of Information Act
The Freedom of Information (FOI) Act 1982 gives the community a legal right to access certain Council documents. Moreland City Council is subject to the Freedom of Information Act and we respond to requests directly related to this law. Visit the Freedom of Information page for further details.
Terms and Conditions - West Street Hadfield Post to Win Facebook Competition
Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter is Moreland City Council.
2. Entry is open to everyone who works, studies, lives, and shops in West St, Hadfield. However, employees of Darebin City Council are not eligible to enter. Immediate families of employees are eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Monday 4 September, 2017 at 9:00am and concludes on Sunday, 10 September 2017 at 11:59pm (AEST).
4. Entrants may enter via Facebook enter more than once. Only one prize per winner.
5. To enter, entrants must: a. Access and log in to their personal Facebook account. b. Capture an image of their favourite shop in West St Hadfield, and post the image from their personal account c. Ensure the post is open to public (not set to private) d. Advise the location, and why the entrant loves the location. Locations can be as hashtags e. #weststhadfield in the same post. This is so we can discover your photo. f. If peopleís faces are featured in the photo (front on, recognisable), we will need the person/people to fill out a photo release form. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to grab the form.
6. The photos deemed most creative, including the pretext, by the Promoter will be judged the winner.
7. The winners will be notified by Tuesday 19 September 2017. The winners will be notified of their prize in writing under their winning post and will be posted on the Promoter's social media pages.
8. The prizes are as follows: Prize 1 Post to win facebook competition: $100.00 shopping voucher for a West St Hadfield business of winnerís choice. Prize 2 Creative Kids Competition: $50.00 shopping voucher for a West St Hadfield business of winnerís choice Prize 3 Creative Kids Competition: $50.00 shopping voucher for a West St Hadfield business of winnerís choice. Prize 4 Business Prize Competition: $100.00 shopping voucher for a West St Hadfield business of winnerís choice Prize 5 Business Prize Competition: $50.00 shopping voucher for a West St Hadfield business of winnerís choice. Prize 6 Business Prize Competition: $25.00 shopping voucher for a West St Hadfield business of winnerís choice.
9. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor are the prizes transferable or exchangeable. The vouchers will be addressed in the name you provide with your competition entry ("Entry").
10. Once prizes have left the Promoterís premises, the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen.
11. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter.
12. Entries must be received by 11:59pm (AEST) on Sunday 10 September 2017. The time of entry will be based on the time it's received by the West Street Hadfield Facebook page. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
13. Competition entry is open to all who live, work, shop, or study in West Street Hadfield.
14. Prize winners are to advise the Promoter of which West Street Hadfield local business they would like their voucher to be purchased from by 5pm Tuesday 26 September, 2017. Prizes will be sent to winners as soon as possible afterwards.
15. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
16. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to: - Their photo being used across West Street Hadfield social media pages for promotion of this competition, and promotion of West St Hadfield places to discover.
17. The Promoter's decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result. Thank you for entering and good luck!