Good Access is Good Business
Nearly one in five Australians has a disability. Over 22,000 of those people are residents of Moreland.
Who benefits from good access?
Good access benefits all people, but especially those who:
- Have difficulties moving and may use a wheelchair, electric scooter, walking frame or crutches
- Are blind or deaf or have some trouble seeing or hearing
- Have difficulties reaching and holding things
- Find it hard to speak, understand, or need to rest often due to illness or injury
- Have young children, prams or strollers, heavy bags or shopping jeeps.
How you can make your business more accessible?
Improving access does not have to be expensive. Council has produced a Good Access is Good Business guide with practical tips for your business.
To download the guide, please click on the following links:
For more information contact Council's MetroAccess Officer on 9240 2469 or email our MetroAccess Officer.