What We Do
Moreland City Council's Economic Development Branch is here to support the Moreland business community. We work with businesses and industry, local service agencies, neighbouring local Councils and State Government departments to facilitate better business connections and outcomes for Moreland. Our Economic Development Annual Report highlights our achievements over the past months
Here are some of the ways the Moreland Economic Development Branch works with, assists and engages the Moreland business community:
- We look for ways to help Moreland retain and attract new industry, investment and jobs.
- We provide a dedicated officer as 'first point of contact' for any queries in relation to major projects, key redevelopment sites and investment areas.
- We work together with the Moreland City Council Places Branch and across Council to build relationships and partnerships in the Moreland community.
- We facilitate business networking opportunities via our three business networks, the Moreland Business Network, the Moreland Business Women's Network and the Invest Moreland Network.
- We provide an employment portal, Moreland Job Link, to promote local jobs and job containment.
- We work closely with the Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources to deliver business support programs to local business and industry.
- We work in partnership with NORTH Link to create strategic partnerships and deliver projects across the northern Melbourne metropolitan region.
- We connect Moreland business and industry to regional and State Government representatives via the Northern Business Achievement Awards quarterly business breakfast.
- We work together with the Sydney Road Brunswick Association and the Coburg Traders Association to help promote and support local business.
- We work with smaller strip shopping areas across Moreland delivering Council's Shopping Strip Renewal Program.
- We work together with the Brunswick Business Incubator to support start-ups and small business creation and innovation.
- We connect Moreland businesses to the Small Business Mentoring Service. Moreland businesses are eligible for one free mentoring session funded by Council.
- We work together with the Moreland Energy Foundation (MEFL) to advocate, promote and help deliver sustainable energy programs and business cost saving measures.
- We keep the Moreland business community informed on business programs, events and support services through regular communication via our monthly e-Newsletter, e-Xchange, our quarterly business publication, Exchange, social media and this website.
- We provide a free online business directory , which is available to all Moreland businesses.
- We work with Destination Melbourne to promote Moreland's best visitor experiences via the Discover Your Own Backyard campaign.
- We work across Council to advocate for, and promote, Moreland businesses.
Click the following link to view a copy of the Invest Moreland brochure